Monday, December 05, 2005

When I remember I remember

When I remember I remember
Suns of no rising
No moons straddling no moons
Throwing no glare nor light
On twilghts which ran on end
Into the reaches of the year
Remaining like unwelcome guests
Who make other homes homes
Till they own it.
I remember the shutting of the door

When I remember I remember
Nights of no tomorrows
And evenings which wept
And days of no mornings
Which crept
Like age does on beauty
Until the ravishing is done
And the remains are left to wither.
I remember beginning to run

6 comments:

My Ramblings... said...

Days that never end and days that refuse to begin. *sigh*

(wondering aloud) Is there a way for us to watch are lives go by without being affected by it, totally detached? Wish it was possible.

Anonymous said...

hi madhavan, good to be here. Nice stuff you have, read your profile, interesting. I grew up reading reader's digest substituted it for the Chartered Accountant's journal later though. the poem is nice, I am not much of the poetic type but enjoy reading the thoughts of the more talented.

madhavan said...

Hi Ramblings:

Nope. Cant watch life go by wthout affectation. No can do. No escape here.

Hi Priyangini:

Such are the twists of life. I never read the Digest and now I am whiling away my youth here. Wanna exchange places...and salaries

Stacy said...

This is beautiful.

-New Reader StacyGrrrL

madhavan said...

Hi Stacy:

Bless you. The only kind person in blogosphere. Everyone else is brutally honest with me... Say hai to your kids for me, will ya

Stacy said...

Some of us are wise beyond our degrees and studies in literature. You have a gift.